Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yerbabuena


Christmas is a time to eat with family and friends, so why not make it healthy? J and I went to yerbabuena today. It is a nice restaurant in the heart of Madrid. It is a little small but the waiters are very very nice. The inside is relaxed, clean and comfortable.

We had a try it all menu. Seriously, I had to take a doggy bag. For starters we got some hummus, beet juice, pinapple and coconut juice with poppy seads, salmorejo and a small salad with vegan shrimps (truly amazing!).

Salmorejo & Shrimp Salad
 To follow up, some nachos with cheese, guacamole and some spicy tomato sauce. We were certainly full after this one.

Nachos with cheese

And then, our main dish. J got a vegetable cake with blue chese with some  more veggies on the side and I got some vegetable crepes with nuts, flaxsead, spices and with some veggies as a side too.

Veggie Crepes
 It may not look so big, but believe me... it got me full half way through it. J felt the same with his. I think we can't call ourselves cookie monsters anymore.
Veggie cake (it is under all the white)
Last but not least, desert. Cake or yogurt. Oh! I always have a sweet tooth so I chose an apple cake while J got some Kefir with honey.

Apple cake with some yogur and cornflakes.
Light and filled with cinammon. I absolutely loved it :) And the presentation? Fabolous! I have to admit that J's Kefir was much better than I expected. I'm not so much into Kefir because it is too acid for me.

Kefir with a honey heart ;)
So, is anyone's mouth not yet watering? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment