Friday, December 9, 2011

El Vergel

J and I were feeling sooo veggie today :) We had an offer at El Vergel restaurant, so we decided to go today. It is located near Príncipe Pío at Paseo de la Florida, 53. Upstairs a veggie-shop, downstairs...where they cook all the goodies!

 
The restaurant is orange themed: walls, decorations, paintings and even napkins. Candles at the tables with books to read if one likes. Relaxing. The menu has many options but we took the sampling tasting menu.

Starters
As a starter they brought was some delicious fried-like vegetables and some bread to go with it. Soon after, 4 dishes (chef's choice) were brought to our table: goat cheese salad with caramelized onion, walnuts, raisins and lettuce, brocolli filled red pepper with cheese, black rice (as if with seafood), and two croquetas (a type of Spanish tapas).


It thrilled me that they brought us a goat cheese salad, it is sure my fave. I have to admit I was almost full by this point but we still had our main dish and dessert to go (I shouldn't have eaten breakfast!). I had ordered lasagna and J got seitan fillets.

 Dessert was nice, I had some vegan orange custard and J sipped along with a soft lemon milkshake made with yogurt.

Oh, and last but not least...tea! It was so nice to sit and talk after lunch. It was sure a delightful evening, and I sure recommend this restaurant. They offer daily menu for 10 euros which includes two main dishes, bread, drink and coffee or tea, quite a deal right?

And of course... I couldn't help treating myself to some of my favorite soy yogurt: Sojade.


No comments:

Post a Comment